Now in its 17th year, the Scottish Apprenticeship Awards brings together apprentices, employers and training providers from all over Scotland to celebrate the contribution apprenticeships make to the economy.
The outstanding work of apprentice instructors will be recognised for the first time at this year’s awards. Their contribution will be commended alongside a number of new award categories, including the opportunity to recognise the nation’s first Graduate Apprentices.
As well as recognising the achievements of the apprentices themselves, awards will applaud individuals who champion apprenticeships.
Employers of all sizes will also be awarded, including those who can demonstrate diversity in their recruitment of apprentices.
Winners will be revealed at a ceremony on 15 November at Perth Concert Hall. One will be named Scotland’s Apprentice of the Year 2018.
Nominations are now open for the following categories:
- Apprentice Ambassador of the Year
- Foundation Apprentice of the Year
- Modern Apprentice of the Year – SCQF level 5
- Modern Apprentice of the Year – SCQF level 6+ - NEW
- Graduate Apprentice Rising Star – NEW
- Apprentice Instructor of the Year - NEW
- SME Employer of the Year (for organisations with 1 – 249 employees including public sector)
- Large Employer of the Year (for organisations with more than 250 employees including public sector)
- Entry rules
To make a nomination(s), please use the Skills Development Scotland online form. Nominations will close on Wednesday 27 June.
To book a place at the event, tickets for the awards ceremony and dinner are available here.
To support you with the entry process, Skills Development Scotland are hosting a workshop on Monday 14 May in Glasgow. Details and registration can be found here.